Engineered for maximum insulation performance, our DraftDodger™ Insulated Mail Slots cut drafts, reduce outside noise & odors, and offer increased security against break-ins & identity theft. The new standard for North American households and businesses, they are the best value in the marketplace!
- Premium quality weather resistant mail slot available in TWO sizes & TEN color combinations
- Two-sided, dual flap solution with telescoping pass-thru sleeve
- Energy efficient, ideal for all climates
- Insulating seal cuts drafts
- Long lasting nylon torsion rods, acting as springs, keep both interior & exterior flaps tightly shut
- Removable brush strips for added insulation & privacy
- Will not rust, frame made of high quality & high impact ABS plastic for low thermal bridging
- Will not tarnish, flaps made of anodized aluminum, powder coat painted aluminum, or nickel plated solid brass
- Ideal for wood, fiberglass and metal entrance doors and garage doors
- Easy to install
- Mounting hardware included
- Flaps open to 170° for easy access
- Telescopic sleeve allows for a perfect fit on all doors from 1 & 9/16″ to 3″ thick
- Can fit all thickness doors & walls when modified but typically best used for intended 1 & 9/16″ to 3″ thickness doors & walls
- Wide choice of colors and finishes
NB. Doors/walls thicker than 3″ require a custom made sleeve and longer bolts (both must be sourced by customer locally). When using the Elite two-sided solution on a door/wall thicker than 3″, difficulty in mail delivery increases SIGNIFICANTLY due to aded depth, interior spring-loaded flap and accompanying brushes.
Please see our Classic Surface Mount single-sided solution as an alternative.
10 3/4″ LETTER SIZE DIMENSIONS
Overall Frame Size – 10 3/4″ x 2 3/4″ (273mm x 70mm)
Cut Out Size – 9 1/8″ x 1 7/8″ (232mm x 47mm)
Slot Interior Clearance – 8 11/16″ x 1 7/16″ (220mm x 36mm)
Fits Existing Openings Up To – 10 1/2″ x 2 1/2″ (266mm x 63mm)
12 1/8″ MAGAZINE SIZE DIMENSIONS
Overall Frame Size – 12 1/8″ x 2 3/4″ (308mm x 70mm)
Cut Out Size – 10 1/2″ x 1 7/8″ (266mm x 47mm)
Slot Interior Clearance – 10″ x 1 7/16″ (254mm x 36mm)
Fits Existing Openings Up To – 11 7/8″ x 2 1/2″ (301mm x 63mm)
Installation Instructions: (Watch the Short Video Tutorials Now!)
Drill two mounting bolt holes and cut the mail slot opening using either the cardboard template or the provided foam gasket as a template. Always try a “dry” fit with the unit in the door first. When satisfied with the fit, remove both halves from door and with the included foam gasket positioned on the exterior half, fit into exterior side of door. Now fit interior half of the unit (with brushes), into interior side of door, open interior flap reveling bolt sleeves and affix with the provided mounting sleeve bolts. Important! Always try using shorter bolts first.
SUPERIOR SEAL INSTALLATION
Follow the above drilling, cutting and “dry” fit instructions. Then, reverse the use of the supplied foam gasket using it instead on the interior half of the unit (with brushes). Next, apply a bead of exterior-use silicon caulking on the underside of the exterior half and insert the two halves into the door. Attach in the same manner as previously described.
COLOR & COMPOSITION
Draft Dodger™ is available in TWO sizes & TEN color combinations to fit all decor. Gold and silver flaps are anodized aluminum, white and black flaps are powder coat painted aluminum, polished aluminum is – polished aluminum. Brushed or satin nickel is nickel plated brass, “brushed” to create a satin finish, which so closely matches popular, modern door hardware. All frames and sleeves are made of high quality, high impact ABS plastic and include black brush strips and draft excluding flap seats.
* Door installations should be at least 30″ from the bottom of the mail slot to the floor/ground for safety, convenience and proper mail slot performance.